Saturday, December 31, 2011

30 things day 2: 2012 plans

Rough plans done. Too long to write it all here so below is just January. Decided to start with the ones that will take the longest to achieve, and the ones that will be most helpful later on. Going to need to whole year to save $5000 or to lose 30kg. But a day at palm beach can be done in december. So, By the end of January i hope to

1. Lose 5kg
By walking everyday in January and by eating clean. Previously my walking has been sporadic but lately after injuries to my knee and calves I have given up completely. But having found the cause of my injuries and hence being able to prevent it. It can no longer be an excuse!!

2. Get rid of the coke
Coke, as in soft drink, not the other more illegal kind. For the last 12 years I have been addicted, don't know if it is the Sugar or the caffeine that I live for, although possibly both, but I am addicted. I know that those 30 kg will not go without kicking this addiction so kick it I must. The plan is to slowly cut down over the month tried cold turkey several times so this time a different approach. The plan is to always drink less than yesterday. Cutting down by a glass (about 250mls) a week. yes I know it's slow but we are talking about a daily addiction here for 12 years so i decided to do it gradually.I know that of all my goals this will be the hardest, the one I am likely to slip up on. But I will try my hardest not to beat my self up above them.

3. Clean / organized room
Decided to get this out of the way, it's frustrating to not find things in a hurry, or when I need them. Frustrating to bump into stuff in the dark. 29 years full of stuff. Since i do part of my teaching at home this includes work as well as personal stuff. This one has already been started but as usual never finished. So I am going to deal with one thing every day, being on holidays I have more time to get this done. The age old questions of do I use it? Do I want it? And where on earth do I put it? As well as how much stuff do I really need? So one step at a time.

My body is wanting sleep so part 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment